Easy Cheesy Zucchini Gratin – Low Carb & Keto And COMPLETE KETOSIS FOOD LIST

his Easy Cheesy Zucchini Gratin has become a staple in our house! It’s cheesy and creamy, super easy to throw together, and the perfect low carb side dish for your keto diet! When Mr. Hungry decided to join me on keto recently to drop a few pounds after our carb heavy trip to the states in October, I had mixed feelings about it. He said he was doing it to lose weight and support me in my keto efforts, but as you wives know – that usually means more work for us. “What can I eat?” “I’m starving, do we have any snacks?” “Did you eat all the bacon again?” (Yes, yes I did.) Don’t get me wrong, Mr. Hungry does more than his fair share around the house, but cooking is mostly my department. And that would be fine – except he hates 90% or more of the things I love to eat on keto. So while I would be perfectly happy throwing some Better than Potatoes Cheesy Cauliflower Puree in a bowl for myself and calling it dinner (which I do a lot) – he won’t touch anything that has cauliflower in it with a 10 foot pole. Or broccoli, or spinach, or pretty much any vegetable that isn’t potatoes. Which makes it really hard to make keto friendly meals that he’ll actually eat. Zucchini is on the list of less offensive but not his favorite (i.e. “I don’t love it, but it doesn’t make me want to kill myself”) vegetables that I sometimes sneak in there. Those of you with picky eaters in the family know the struggle. Whether it’s finicky kids or veggie phobic spouses, making something that everybody will eat and like is a challenge sometimes. I find that to be true of side dishes most of all. Who doesn’t love a good steak or roasted chicken? But coming up with tasty veggie side dishes that go with those main courses night after night can be a problem. So when this Easy Cheesy Zucchini Gratin went down and everybody liked it – I mentally high fived myself and made it a regular thing. You’re going to want to do the same when you try it! I used pepper jack cheese the first few times and we love the mild heat that it adds – but if you prefer cheddar I tried that too and it’s also delicious. In fact, I’m pretty sure you can’t go wrong with almost any cheese in this dish – so you do you, it’s all good. πŸ‘Š Easy Cheesy Zucchini Gratin - the perfect family friendly lchf side dish recipe! Any time dinner goes on the table and nobody is whining or complaining??? That’s a win my friends – and I’ll take it! CHEESE Mozzarella Parmesan Cheddar Feta Swiss Blue Cheese Cream Cheese Gouda American Cottage Cheese Provolone Ricotta Cheese DAIRY & DAIRY SUBSTITUTES Greek Yogurt Sour Cream Soy Milk (sugar-free) Coconut Milk (sugar-free) Almond Milk (sugar-free) Coconut Cream Whipped Cream (sugar-free) Heavy Cream FATS & OILS Olive Oil Butter Full Fat Mayonnaise Macadamia Oil Coconut Oil Almond Butter, Almond Oil Grape Seed Oil Avocado Oil Walnut Oil Cocoa Butter, Cocoa Oil Fish Oil Flax Seed Oil Hemp Seed Oil MCT Oil SEAFOOD Fresh Fish: Sardines, Bass, Haddock, Tuna, Carp, Tilapia, Flounder, Halibut, Mackerel, Salmon, Sole, Trout Crab Meat Shrimp Squid Mussels Anchovy Clams Lobster Oysters EGGS, POULTRY & FOWL Turkey: Breast, Ground, Bacon Duck Goose Quail Chicken: Breast, Legs, Wings Eggs FRUITS Lemon Lime Green Olive Tomato Raspberry Avocado Blackberry Blueberry Cranberry Strawberry MEAT Beef, Ground 70-90% lean Beef, Hot Dog/Frankfurter Beef, Steak Beef: Ribs, Tongue, Sausage, Roast, Pastrami Beef, Corned Venison Bologna (pork, beef, chicken) Lamb, Chops Veal Pork: Bacon, Chops, Ham, Liverwurst, Loin, Prosciutto, Sausage Pepperoni (pork, beef) NUTS/LEGUMES Walnuts, Coconut, Almonds, Brazil Nuts, Pistachios, Macadamias, Hazelnuts, Pecans VEGETABLES Cabbage Celery Lettuce Spinach Broccoli Zucchini Cauliflower Parsley Green Bean Garlic Cucumber Arugula Asparagus Bok Choy Chard Chicory Greens Eggplant Endive Fennel Jalapeno Soy Bean Radish VEGETABLES (moderate sugar) Carrots Mushrooms Onion Spaghetti Squash Kale Pumpkin Artichoke Brussels Sprouts Turnips Celery Peppers: Sweet or Hot Red, Sweet Yellow Snow Pea

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Its Crazy, 62-Year-Old Mother Loses 171 Pounds After Following These Simple, Life-Changing Steps,

It’ official. Down almost 60 pounds since last Sept.It works.

Rheumatoid Arthritis Deaths Have Decreased